Thursday, October 4, 2007

Daddy.....

InWorship's latest blog got me thinking about my own Daddy. He will be turning 79 on the 15th, and I have truly been blessed in my life. I remember looking up to him and telling him I wanted to dance. We would go around the room for what seemed like hours with me on his feet. He was and is my hero. I know alot of people didn't have a good experience growing up with their Fathers, but being blessed with one like my Daddy, it wasn't a huge step for me knowing the love of my Heavenly Father. But I know for some, when your earthly parents don't treat you well, or if you don't experience the attributes of God in people, it's hard to image them from a loving God. I thank you Jesus for your patience with us. I've spent alot of time on FC the last few weeks. The Lord is impressing more and more on my heart the burden of people who don't know Him. But there are many who call themselves Christians, who don't know Him. It can become so overwhelming, we choose to do nothing. There are times when I am literally on my knees or even lying face down before the Lord and crying out on their behalf. I know the broken heart I feel is nothing compared to His, but then I realize there is nothing He can do, until they ask. I will still pray tho, I will still ask on their behalf.

I pray for each of you as well who may not have had the best relationship, or are carrying a burden today. Lay it at His feet, only then will you be able to take His outstretched hands, step on , and dance. Thank you Abba.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray for each of you as well who may not have had the best relationship, or are carrying a burden today. Lay it at His feet, only then will you be able to take His outstretched hands, step on , and dance. Thank you Abba.

That is a great picture. I do appreciate your prays. You are a very caring person.

I can't say how different my life would have been if I had had a stronger father figure. It might have been a little easier but I am not sure it would have been that much better.

I kinda like the person I am now. Although there is always room for improvement. If I believe my family there is a lot of room for improvement. :).

Abba does bring back some memories. I must admit I do cringe a bit when I think about what I look like back in my 'disco" days. I think I have burned all the pictures. :).

Tam said...

Funny reference to Abba there Ed - very good! I actually liked ABBA int he day ;)

I had a horrible "earthly" father. I refer to him now as "sperm donor". I have had to work at the healing process and have forgiven him for being absent and cruel. There is so much freedom in that. Now I have a new Father in God that filled that empty place this little girl was longing to have filled all her life! I no longer search or hold a inadequate dad responsible for anything. My whole outlook and focus and heart has changed on the matter....Aaahhh - what a relief!

Anonymous said...

i havn't been able to post a comment on FC for some time...it always says that I already made that comment...or it blocks me..strange..oh well.

Thinking about you! all smiles!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ed! I like the person you are now too. Everything we have been through up to this point has contributed to who we are now. I can tell you're a tender heart. Although, trying to picture you in a white John Travolta suit is a bit mind boggling!! LOL

Tammers: Yoohoo, I'm over here dear...kidding,
I'm glad you had a sperm donor...my life would be way too dull if you hadn't....love you!

Darla, I'll let Bill know, you're probably hung up somewhere...aren't we all??? Lol I miss you on FC smoochies