Thursday, July 26, 2007

Happy Birthday to YOOOOUUUUU!!!!



WOW!!! I'm pretty glad right now that Mikey doesn't get a lot of computer access, he would probably be on the phone as soon as this is posted. But today we are celebrating!!!! Our "baby" turns 19 today, and it's the first birthday that we won't be able to spoil him rotten and tell him face to face how much we love him. He is a priceless treasure in our lives and has brought us alot of joy over the years. Right now he is stationed at Fort Polk, Louisiana with his bride of 41 days Miss Katie. Jer & I have gone from Mom & Dad to Ma & Pop and he'll tell you there is no better food than fried pickles and sweet tea... When you talk to him, he'll be the first to tell you how he felt called by the Lord to be a warrior, and it's in Him that he trusts for all things. Any parent who reads this knows how that will make your heart soar...
Today has been hard, alot of memories, alot of "where has the time gone" thoughts, and unashamed tears while missing our boy. Today is our day to celebrate his life, so I wanted to share that with you. His favorite scripture is Psalm 144:1&2, "Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle - My lovingkindness and my fortress, my high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the One in whom I take refuge, who subdues my people under me." If you think of him, please pray for him, and all of our soldiers. We love you son, Happy Birthday!!! Love, Ma

1 comment:

Tam said...

This is breaking my heart friend! Happy birthday Mikey!!! Wow- he looks alot like you Deb! Cute pics! How often do you get to talk to him? How is Katie?