Thursday, July 19, 2007

I've been inspired.....

Sometimes you just have to wait and be inspired to write something....I've had fun keeping up with a couple friends the last couple of days, so I haven't been too faithful at writing.....but a new blogging friend, Mandy, got me to thinking about beauty, real beauty.



Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "The age of a woman doesn't mean a thing. The best tunes are played on the oldest fiddles." Considering my husband plays the fiddle, I could really relate.....and that's great if your strings aren't springing from all the wrong places or your tailpiece isn't hanging too low.



Didn't God create us to be beautiful on the inside? How do we get so wrapped up in the fleshy stuff that the world ( which we are suppose to be in but not part of) says is beauty. Yes, I know, we are suppose to take care of the "temple" that we have been entrusted, and recently my son freshly out of boot-camp has more than inspired his Dad and I to get in shape. Join the gym? Possibly, but personally I find the showers and their postage stamp towel size to be a humiliating experience of peek-a-boo. It's kind of like Tommy the Towelmaker made towels with a bunch of pygmy adolescents suffering from eating disorders..... AND I usually spend my short walk from the shower to the locker doing a spastic dance with my towel snapping around me.

Anyway, I have reached a point in my walk with the Lord, that He has shown me that He loves me regardless of if I have the latest style of hair, perfect weight, trendy clothes, but also that He would love for me to be the best the He has created me to be. Spiritually, my husband and I are in a good place, and yes we are beginning a no sugar, healthy eating regime, as well as walking etc. We just had to wait for the Lord's timing to get us there.....just like anything else. I'll let you know how it's going......

4 comments:

mandy said...

enjoyed your post!
keep walking in the freedom that the Lord has given you... you take care of that Temple in healthy ways and let "mother nature" take care of the rest.
blessings!
mandy

Tam said...

Deborah - You are so beautiful...............to me..........can't you seee-ee-eee.....

Going off of what Mandy said above here, "walking in the freedom" - Now that you and Jer are walking you should call them "Freedom Walks".

I'm proud of you!

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud reading about the spastic dance from the shower to the locker. THAT IS SO TRUE!!!!!! I bring my giant beach towel now.

My husband and I joined a health club in February(thank you tax refund)and felt it was finally time. And we love it. He's lost 30 lbs. Me, not so much. Why IS that? But I feel great, I have less pain in my body(how I miss Vioxx)and my kids see a good example of being active and not fanatical.

Found you from Tam. Love your site. Will definitely be skulking again.

Anonymous said...

Mandy, your songs inspire me sooo much....thanks for stopping by. The Lord is definitely got us in taking care of the temple mode....it feels so freeing! Lovs

Tam, exactly!!! In the mornings now when I'm on my Freedom Walks, I remember to pray for you, thank you for your acceptance and love...smooch!

Hey Joni I love your blog! I'm reading a great book by Joyce Meyer, its called Eat and stay thin...it's wonderful! I'm praying for you and your family. Blessing ;)