Monday, July 30, 2007

"Will you..."seems to run in family right now...

Ok, after a brief recovery period, our eldest son decided to let us know that he too, in fact will be marrying his main squeeze......we couldn't be happier....she is a beautiful girl.
He announced this over lunch at Red Lobster, where he was pretty quiet. When I finally asked what was up, he said he was nervous because he was going to ask Lindsey to marry him. Ok, after I recovered from the fact that he didn't ask ME first, (of course I never let on) I asked why he would be nervous. Of course the obvious, she might say no. Now as a parent, the fact that someone, anyone would reject a perfect child such as your own is just not something that crosses your mind. But this was really a struggle for our Steve, so with a little reassurance and encouragement, he left his Mommy to ask his girl to be his wife. Of course she said yes and all is wonderful, but it made me stop and think. There are times when there is such insecurity in my life, and I go to the Father before a ministry, and ask Him, what if they say no? What if they don't like me....He is so faithful at wrapping His huge cosmic arms around me and just loving me into submission to the things He has called me to do. What a precious moment it was to pass that love to my nervous son......showing our kids God's love, unconditional and everlasting love...is so important. Thank you Lord, i love you.


6 comments:

Tam said...

Congratulations Stevie!!!!

We should never put our hope or trust in man. But it is so hard not to sometimes! The world will always let us down - He will never let us down. Why don't I take that for what it is - truth! Why do we care if so and so likes because our significance should not be found in others but found in the Lord?

Deb, I dont know if this is where you were going with this - but it's what i thought of immediately because I am currently being released from forming my opinions and based on others views of me and not allowing others to dictate my thoughts or contentment...what a journey! What a ride! So worth it!

Gods Gal said...

Exactly Tam, part of my hinderence in the ministry has been comments from others, even when contrary to what I read about how God feels about me in His word not 10 minutes before...It's a good release when ur freed up of such things.....I know it's a shocker but once again we're going through the same thing.....LOL Love you so!!!! Deb

Little Steps Of Faith said...

That is why I love writing on the blog so much, because once I start writing God finishes it, and I see for myself what He was trying to say.

Everyone wants to tell us the right way to live, but unless God says the same thing they do, then its worthless chatter. They may mean well, but sometimes people do just like to hear themselves talk, as sad as that is.

Thank you so much for your sweet comments, and yea, a book is in the future, I have been preparing, but for the moment I am just writing:)

You will be the first to get a copy though:)

Angie

Anonymous said...

Thanks Angie...I look forward to my SIGNED copy!!!! Remember ur God's favorite...He has big stuff for you!!! Lovs, Deb

Anonymous said...

God is good!

Gods Gal said...

Yes He is Steve, all the time!!! Thanks for stopping by! :)