Monday, August 13, 2007

And as for Friday's questions....

OK, thank you for your answers B & T, Darla girl!!!!! What'd ya find out???? I have had a little time to look through some commentaries, and have a little different take on the Isaiah scripture.....First of all thanks B for the history lesson...you seemed to have jarred some long lost memories on our ancestors! As far as the scripture itself, I am leaning toward a couple of commentaries I read. They basically stated that God (as we know) is in command of all creatures, all of heaven and earth. He has residence in Heaven for His glory, and then also dominion over the earth, which in turn also brings Him glory. While He is here working in us, through us, establishing His kingdom, He is still "stretching out the heavens, His power and providence keep them still stretched out, and will do so till the day comes they will be rolled together like a scroll." ahhhhh i like that.....so what I'm saying is I believe it is a representation of His power, dominion and control over the universe, Heaven and earth, all for His glory alone.

The second scripture I tend to lean toward the position of this being the glory of God Himself, THE Light, and as much as I've tried have not found any scripture referring to light and darkness ever being one to be separated in the first place...This made me think of the New Jerusalem where there will not be a need a need of sun or moon, the Glory of God will be sufficiant. In 2 Co 4:6 it says, God commanded the light to shine out of darkness. The light, in which any darkness is unable to exist, were separated and are never to be joined again, for what fellowship has light with darkness? 2 Co 6:14.

As far as the other question posted Friday, my answer would be yes I would and have, offended for Christ. Of course it depends on the individual and how long they have been witnessed too.....but there are times when I just have to tell someone, you know the truth, now it's time to choose.....I can't allow myself to conform to ungodliness for the sake of winning someone over, or let myself get to a place where I am in a gray area with God for the purpose of salvation. There are no gray areas with God, and I believe our time is close when we will be with Him, the last thing I would want to do is NOT offend someone into an eternity without Him. Whew...ok, love you guys and as always any comments are welcome!!!

5 comments:

Darla said...

I have gotten lost in this study and thought. Seems that God is still too big for my head! :)

I was leaning towards 1 John 1 and that God is light. Did HE apply himself first to the void, and then seperating his own application of light into night and day...the bible says we will not need a sun in heaven HE will be the Light!

Every time I try to pull this all together my brain wants to blow up! So I am going to have say HE did it that way because HE is GOD and HE can! hahaha love ya! I am trying to get it together but man! I just keep coming back to just believe HIM that HE did something that i can't. Princess to princess

Gods Gal said...

I know that feeling!!! He is so huge we can't even begin to tap into His ways, or His thoughts. I know it pleases Him when we seek Him out and study Him and His word, but sometimes I picture Him up there leaned over, elbow on knee, hand under chin, just smiling!!!! Love you princess!

Darla said...

me too!! and looking to the right and saying "my girls..my princess' they are diggin me today, and they believe me!" Love you, you rock princess! wondering what will be the next question you will throw out and how I will try to wrap my head around it again! haha :)

Tam said...

am i gonna have to enroll in seminary just to be able to attempt to answer these BLT's????

Gods Gal said...

You guys are hysterical...just trying to get the brain juices flowing!!!! I won't have access to a computer til Friday......So I'll post the wonderful stuff God is doing then AND the new BLT...Love you blog beauties!!!