Monday, August 6, 2007

Worship is the heart of it....

Since January, the Lord has really freed me up in my worship. My church allows me to stand, sit, kneel or lay before my Lord, and I in return am able to enter into that place where I can let go, and ready my heart to receive God's word. While we have an outrageously gifted worship team, they will be the first to tell you that the "music" is not where the worship is, it's the heart. I have ran across a couple of people recently who stopped coming to our church because of the style or loudness of music. It breaks my heart because they aren't getting the true meaning of that time that is set aside. We have had some good conversations, and I pray they give it another chance, but I truly can't imaging the early Christians saying, "I just can't worship when we use one of David's new Psalms," or "the timbrel was so loud in worship this morning! Someone needs to to talk to Asaph about it."
Worship does not require a song, it requires a heart. Job laid in the dust. Isaiah trembled and worshipped in awe. David, well, OK I'm not THAT freed up...yet...LOL They had awesome, one on One spiritual experiences, because of the heartfelt worship, the emptying of themselves that caused it. If we could only learn to empty ourselves, our pre conceived notions of how things should be, it's then that we can experience worship without restraint, and ask our Father to just breathe His spirit into us. That's true life, the lower we bow, the higher we are lifted.

5 comments:

Darla said...

Princess you are so right! Worship is the heart, in love with Jesus, and when the heart realizes that it is all about HIM, we are truly worshipping in spirit and in truth! Some just don't get it...and I am happy that HE has it in control..and we do not have give them another thought. HE will grab them and teach them just like HE does to us. I came over from ANG's blog...love your posts...hope you write some more! Princess to Princess!

Gods Gal said...

Thank you for stopping by Darla, I love your blog!!! I will carry the fact with me today that I truly am a Princess, daughter of the King. Blessings to you friend!

Darla said...

Hey Princess, I love that you commented on my blog...please come back and comment again...I am taling them off and giving you a "do-over"! I just love you!! I am the only one I know who would have a typo that is embarrassing..and please if i do it on your blog -- extend mercy :)
love Princess to Princess!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog, not to mention your question over at Mandy's blog! :)

& thank you even more for keeping me in your prayers. I'm so glad to know someone else in this as well! Thank you!

It's all about HIM! :D

Anonymous said...

omigosh!!!!! this is sooo true.... wow.
wow.
wow.
and i'm cracking up over your thoughts that they would've fought over the timbrel being too loud! LOL!