Friday, August 24, 2007

BLT #2 cont.....

OK, this is a chicken.....don't be one....we are going to continue from last week....if you need to find out what a BLT is, go here. Last week I posed a question about being born again. Is the three fold part of a believer born again, or is it just the spirit part? I think we are essentially spirit beings and that is the part that is re-born. This week I'll talk a little about why I believe why the mind (or soul) needs constant refurbishing according to scripture and why I don't believe it is automatically renewed. Again, I welcome any and all feedback. This is ONLY my interpretation through some meditation and prayer......

Renewing of the mind....scripture reference. Here are some scripture references that I have found in areas of the mind that need to be renewed.....Romans 1:28, Romans 8:5,7, Romans 12:16, II Corinth. 4:4 , II Corinth. 11:3, Eph. 2:3 Eph. 4:17, Phil. 3:19, Col. 1:21, Col. 2:18 Titus 1:15, these all deal with areas of the mind that we struggle with.



The Lord calls for us to be transformed by the renewing of our mind, Rom. 12:2 and says it happens by the renewing by the Holy Spirit, Titus 3:5. The reason I suppose that I am feeling so strongly lately is that in order for me to be successful in the ministry the Lord is directing me to, it is becoming more and more apparent how important it is to have all three of our created parts to be in line with each other. It's a given that our physical bodies will decrease and eventually die, but why not keep it to the best of health possible? It's a mission we are on lately that we have neglected horribly, and although it's not easy it is becoming very beneficial to drop some weight and live a healthier lifestyle. With all of the garbage that is out there to fill our minds, it so important to renew and freshen it daily with Gods Word, and our spirit needs exercising as well. There is true power when all three are working in the same direction for the same purpose. It does little good if I'm physically fit, yet fill my mind with garbage. OR if I'm really full of God's spirit, yet so sluggish from my eating that I can't go out to minister... I just want to encourage people to take that time, and spend time in His word in prayer and worship. Take the time to let Him minister to your spirit, beyond anything else that may seem more important at the time......wow what a difference it makes.

1 comment:

Little Steps Of Faith said...

Absolutely beautiful dahling:)

ang