Monday, September 17, 2007

God can do what????


Ever been a witness to a “real” healing? My hubby and I have, and yes we believe. Thinking back on that, my attitude was I suppose you could say, not the best. It was a mixture of fear, and skepticism, but in these times it is common when it comes to the subject of God’s healing. I’ve been diving in lately for very personal reasons, to understand what the Bible says about healing. The more I find, the more I believe that we should expect God to heal miraculously today. Yes, He does use the medical profession to heal as well, but He is all you truly need.

In the Old Testament, there are promises from God to bring healing and health to His people through obedience. (Exodus 23:25-26, Deuteronomy 28, Psalm 41……) In Exodus 15:26, He says “I am the Lord who heals you”. There are also examples of miraculous healing, (1 Kings 13:6, 2 Kings 4:8-37, Isaiah 38)

There is a present aspect to the kingdom of God in the teaching and activity of Jesus. In Luke 17:20-21, Jesus told the Pharisees, “The kingdom of God is among you”. In Matthew 13:44-46, Jesus suggests that the kingdom is something which can be discovered and experienced in this age. In the synagogue at Nazareth, Jesus read the prophecy from Isaiah 61:1-2 and said, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing” Luke 4:21. Then He went on to demonstrate this present reality of the kingdom by all that He did during His ministry, forgiveness of sin, suppression of evil and healing of the sick.

A quarter of the Gospels is concerned with healing. God commissioned the twelve disciples to do the same, first the twelve (Matthew 4:23), then looking at Luke 10:9, there was then a group of 72 which He told them to go and heal the sick, and tell them the kingdom of God is near you. (Luke 10:9) They returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name!!” (vs.17)

But it doesn’t stop there… Jesus told His disciples to go and make disciples of all nations….teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you (Matthew 28:18-20) He did NOT say “Everything except of course you know, the healing bit”.

It’s clear the early church understood Jesus’ instruction in Mark 16:15-20. Jesus says, these signs will accompany those who believe, I take that to say those who believe in Jesus Christ……us.

The same is in John 14:12. I can’t find anywhere in the Bible, where it says that healing was confined to any particular period of history. Healing is one of the signs of the kingdom which were set by Jesus and continue to this day. I expect God to continue to heal miraculously today, it is part of His Kingdom activity, thy Kingdom come, thy will be done.

I’m writing about all of this because my dear friend Tam needs healing. I believe in Him for this, not just because it’s something that has come into my mind, but something He has put in my heart. I want to ask for prayer from all of you, believing as well, so I have given you a little background on why I believe the way I do. I’m not one to sit and read God’s word and say, that was great for then….if He is truly the same yesterday, today and always, I believe in the modern miracle, and I’m claiming it in Jesus name, for Tam. I challenge you guys, to begin walking in the authority that God has given each of us to further His kingdom and glorify His name. Healings are just a small part. I‘d love to pray for any needs….I’ love you guys.



In speaking with my worship pastor, he really nailed what I believe and I am going to quote him on this.....I believe it is how the Lord works through us:


"Gifts of the Spirit are biblically not anything that we have or do. Gifts of the Spirit are things that God does through us. We are used by him to be...in a sense...Him manifesting Himself through our physical bodies. We can’t heal, but His Spirit through us can. We don’t have the power, ever, but God may choose to use us to release his power to others. This is one of those areas that people like Benny Hinn is criticized for. He claims to have been given the power of God. He doesn’t claim it is God’s power through him. This is key. Here is a great verse.1 Corinthians 12:10-11 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.Some translations say in verse 11 he gives to each one what he wants to give and when he wants to give. God is always in control over what we do with His Spirit. We cannot randomly heal or speak in tongues a part from the Spirit deciding we can. This is what keeps us connected to His glory and also keeps us humble in the use of our gifts."



Thanks, InWorship!!! Sorry this is so long, but again, it's sooooo important to understand who we are in Him in these times today....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I'm praying! :)

Anonymous said...

Alot of us are, it's going to be wonderful!!!

Tam said...

Sniff, sniff... Knowing what God put on my heart about my time of healing has given me a whole new outlook on it entirely too. I was thinking just yesterday that sometimes people with diseases can be healed - but still possibly have a disease. What I mean is healing in the way one looks at the affliction. If one can look at their personal trial with eyes from God that are focused on others and not a woes me mindset then to me that is healing! However, I'm believing for a physical healing as well!

Deb, your post here blessed me more than I could ever even describe to you... I don't know what to say...

Robert said...

I am soooooooooo glad you see Benny Hinn for what he is!!!!

Gods Gal said...

Tammers, you know my heart...I love you, but He loves you way beyond....I'm SO excited for you

Robert: I hope you understood when InWorship explained the difference....he's right on! Thanks for stopping by.

Tam said...

Absolutely Robert! Benny Hinn and many others in that arena...pathetic!!! And it gives us, who are trying real hard to be authentic and genuine and set apart, a real difficult time here...

k said...

Hahaha, speaking of 'pagan' influences (referring to Halloween post), do know what the picture that you used to decorate this post is? Wikipedia on Kabbalah. :-)

Anonymous said...

EEk....all I saw was that sunrise....Uh....time to change it...GEEZ!!!!