Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Less Brain Pain, More remembering and Glory to God...


Some ask where was God at 9/11?

He was discouraging people from taking those four flights. Together they could accommodate more than 1,000 passengers, yet there were only 266 aboard. He was on those four flights giving the terrified passengers the ability to stay calm. Not one of the people who was called by a loved one on one of the hijacked planes mentioned that passengers were panicked, nor was there any screaming in the background. And on one of the flights, God gave strength to the passengers to overcome the hijackers.God was also busy creating obstacles to prevent people who worked in the WTC from getting to work on time. The work day had begun, more than 50,000 people worked in the two towers, yet only 20,000 were at their desks. On that beautiful morning, God created scores of unexpected traffic delays, subway delays, and commuter train delays. A PATH train packed with commuters was stopped at a signal just short of the WTC and was able to return to Jersey City. And far more meetings were scheduled elsewhere than was usual.God held up each of the two mighty towers for a half hour so that the people on the lower floors could get out. And when He finally let go, He caused the towers to fall inward rather than to topple over, which would have killed so many more people. The foundations of six surrounding buildings were demolished by the fall of the towers, but God held them up for many hours until all the occupants were safely evacuated.And when the WTC and Pentagon buildings went down, my God picked up almost 3,500 of His children and carried them to their home for all eternity. He also sat down and cried that 19 of His children could have so much hate in their hearts, that they did not choose him, but another god that doesn't exist, and now they are lost forever.He sent people trained in dealing with earthly disasters to save those that were injured. And he sent in thousands of others to help in any way they were needed. And He brought people together across the world in a way that moved thousands to tears and hundreds of thousands to prayer—and caused millions to turn to the one true living God.He still isn't finished. Every day He comforts those who lost loved ones. He is encouraging others to reach out to those who don't know Him or believe in Him. He is giving the leaders of our great nation the strength and conviction to do the right thing, to follow His will, not a popular poll.So if anyone ever asks, "Where was your God on 9/11?" you can say, "He was everywhere! And, in fact, he is everywhere today and every day." Without a doubt, this was the worst catastrophe most of us have ever seen. I can't imagine getting through such a difficult time without God at my side. Without God, life would be hopeless.

7 comments:

Little Steps Of Faith said...

That was nicely written.

Anonymous said...

The company I worked for had an office in one of the WTC towers.

I was in the office a couple of weeks before 9/11.

I knew 5 of the people who died who died there.

I have no idea if a belief in God provided adequate comfort to the families of the people how died.

I think grief is something you just have to work your way through. Sadly some people don't.

I don't hold a belief in God as accountable for the actions of the terrorist. This was an act of hate not love. I do think that unquestioning blind faith was a factor.

I doubt the people who committed this act questioned their leaders when they were given instruction to blow up the WTC.

I would guess they believed without question that they would be joining their God in heaven.

Unquestioning blind faith in any leader is I think a bad idea.

Anonymous said...

I should have mentioned first how thoughtful and elequent your article was.

Anonymous said...

Ed, I would agree with agree with your final two statements if I were talking about a false god, not so with ours....thank you for your kind words.....

Anonymous said...

A good friend of mine has two daughters, both married and with children..Both worked in the WTC, one was home sick for the first time in five years, the other forgot something important for a meeting she was to have in the afternoon and went home to get it. God was in the stairways and holding people all through that day..and everyone had a choice to pick HIM right up to the final minute.

Thanks for posting this and making it so very God centered. I am tired of hearing that everything bad in this world is from HIM, HE is the sweetest and I can not even imagine the intensity of love I have for HIM. Thanks GG I think today I will call you Angel baby! :)
From one princess to another

Anonymous said...

I have a different take that includes excellent engineering principles for making the buildings collapse inwardly and good, solid workmanship on keeping the other buildings standing. I imagine that you would attribute these, as well as the training and dedication of emergency personnel on the day and the days following the attack, to God.

I think that it is lovely that you take comfort in your beliefs in this way. It clearly helps you to make sense of this horrific event. I know that I was shocked and horrified when I saw what had happened.

Anonymous said...

Hov, you're a tough nut to crack, but I like ya anyway!!! ;) I also attribute the minds and ideas for the buildings, as well as human reasoning which it took to train the personnel in the first place to almighty God. Ain't He grand???