Friday, September 28, 2007

Frogs and the wisdom of women......LOL


Just thought I'd leave ya with a couple smiles for the weekend....................
A point of view... Barbara Walters of Television's 20/20 did a story on gender roles in Kabul, Afghanistan, several years before the Afghan conflict.. She noted that women customarily walked 5 paces behind their husbands. She recently returned to Kabul and observed that women still walk behind their husbands. From Miss Walter's vantage point, despite the overthrow of the oppressive Taliban regime, the women now seem to walk even further back behind their husbands and are happy to maintain the old custom. Miss Walters approached one of the Afghani women and asked, "Why do you now seem happy with the old custom that you once tried so desperately to change?" The woman looked Miss Walters straight in the eyes, and without hesitation, said, "Land Mines." MORAL OF THE STORY: BEHIND EVERY MAN IS A SMART WOMAN.

7 comments:

Tam said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(deep breath)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(deep breath)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I laughed harder at your response.....I love you and can't wait to hear... ;) I'm Soooo excited for you!

Anonymous said...

ROTFL!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHA

I bet they have a little smile too while they say that! Too funny! I needed to just laugh...I love that you and Tam always make me smile! I will try to blog tomorrow! Love ya princess!

Anonymous said...

Even more funny!!! I just read through the other comments and Tam cracks me up...didn't mean to write so much the same..mmmmm should probably read others first!
:) Great minds think alike!

Anonymous said...

Darla, sorry, but what is ROTFL????? It sounds like a sneeze! LOL

Thanks dear, love you bunches and have a happy rest of the weekend....be back Monday!!! Smoochies.

Tam said...

Rolling On The Floor Laughing. It took me 2 months to figure that one out!

Anonymous said...

*groan*